Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

[ZoS] Application - Achíeve

A place for applicants to post requests to the guild.

Moderator: Arch Zealot

[ZoS] Application - Achíeve

Postby Achieve » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Account name:
Achieve.1853

In-game name and level:
Achíeve - level 80 with max Mastery Points

Timezone and usual play-times:
UTC +1 - 4:30pm-12pm

Your age:

How long have you been playing the game?:
Since beta, but I took a 2-year break and returned in 2015

Play-style(s):
Mainly PvE, but am trying to get more involved in WvW & PvP

PvP Experience:
I played for about 2 months solid of PvP on my Berserker and Reaper, and it was a lot of fun. I dominate the field with my Berserker, but since I solo a lot, I don't really get decent teams in unranked. I am not currently ranked, but I would like to get a party together one of these days and run through PvP!

Professions played in PvP:
Berserker & Reaper

PvE Experience:
PvE is where I will always feel at home. I have much experience here in both Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2. I have map completion on 3 of my 10 characters, currently going for my 4th, and the rest of my characters have at least 34% world completion already.
I have recently been commanding quite a bit of Heart of Thorns, and I am really enjoying the people that come along and join me. I take great pleasure in helping most everyone with anything they need, including completion, achievements, or just general questions, so I feel quite comfortable with the Commander role.
If you're curious, I command Verdant Brink, Tangled Depth, & Dragon's Stand the most. I will also occasionally host Silverwastes meta & chest trains. I will sometimes also command general world bosses and the new Living World areas like Lake Doric and Bloodstone Fen.
Tyria, to me, isn't just a place in a game, it's where I feel most at home with myself, and PvE is where I will always be called.

Professions played in PvE:
Guardian, Berserker, Druid, Reaper, Tempest, Daredevil, & Herald. The others I have not fully "experienced", and am still training builds/rotations with those.

WvW Experience:
I do enjoy World vs. World, as it brings the fun of open-world PvP with the beauty of PvE. I have been playing WvW for about 1.5 years now, but have only recently getting really involved with it. I am ranked 53 in WvW, so I still have quite a ways to go, though I know I will enjoy the long road ahead.
I mainly play my Berserker or Druid in WvW, as I know the rotations and builds on those professions quite well. I usually roam, but I will join a zerg if need be to help re-gain or capture points
I myself have commanded only about 3 zergs, each squad capping at about 35-40. I commanded those because we didn't have a commander at the time, and I am willing to learn what it takes to become a WvW commander, and I will say that I have a lot of respect for those that do it. It is not an easy job, but it is quite fun.
I am not in a WvW guild, but I an in a good server, so we always have something going on. I try to play WvW at least once-twice a week, but I will play more than that usually.

Professions played in WvW:
Berserker & Druid

What is your home server?:
Yak's Bend

Previous guild(s):
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS], Stars of Truth [STAR], Too Much Loot [TML], Chest Farming Legends [CFL], The Spud Club [SPUD], & Shattered Hope [HOPE]

Reason for leaving previous guild:
I am still in most of these guilds; 2 for farming ([TML] & [CFL]), 1 was my own guild [HOPE], but have left it with a new owner to pursue a new main guild.
I was in [ZoS] back in Guild Wars 1, not long after it's release. I actually was an Officer at the time, but an accident occurred while my mother was playing Guild Wars. We shared a computer at the time, but not accounts, and she accidentally logged into mine and left the guild thinking she never joined it. My character name at that time was Loralai.

Why you want to join [ZoS]?:
Like I said in my previous statement, my account had accidentally left without my notice for a while. This was when they implemented the more thorough applications, and I was young at the time, and I have recently been seeing a lot of active [ZoS] members around Guild Wars 2, and it makes me miss the old days when I was in the guild.

Have you fully read the application post?:
Yes

Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and a working microphone?:
Yes

Have you read and do you agree with our rules?:
Yes

A little about yourself:
It was on my 10th birthday that Guild Wars 1 was 2 years old, and my mother wouldn't let me play it previously. I told my mother that my birthday wish was to try Guild Wars with her, and she let me. Since that day, I have been in love with Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. My mother and I still play occasionally, but I have moved on more to Guild Wars 2 while she resides in Guild Wars 1, but I will pull her eventually...! I am now 21 years old, and have been playing Guild Wars for 11 years with no plans to stop!
I am a bit of a nerd, I love anything online and electronic. I have not gone to college yet, but I do have aspirations to go into the field of Computer Science soon. I am also trying to get myself involved with any new and upcoming applications online. Most recently, I have been really involved with Discord. I run 3 servers, 2 with 100+ members, and 1 with 70+ members. I love to code, run bots, and discover new things with this application.
I was born in America, but have recently moved to live with my wife in England. Cute story: my wife and I met in-game on Guild Wars 1! We were in her guild, and we started talking as friends, but we noticed a connection to each other, and continued into a relationship online. About 2 years after this, we met for the first time, and instantly connected more than ever. I moved to her home country to live with her, and we have been married for over 3 years happily. We play Guild Wars 2 together nearly every day, and love every moment of it.
I am probably one of the nicest guys you will meet; I love to help people with most anything, and don't really hate anyone.

Thank you for your consideration in letting me (re-)join Zealots of Shiverpeak!
Last edited by Achieve on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achieve

Re: [ZoS] Application - Achíeve

Postby Yossarian » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Please contact an Officer in game.
Yossarian
Arch Officer

Return to Recruitment to ZoS