Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

Guild in Profile?

Post any changes, ideas, or anything that concerns the Forums here.

Postby Sciros » Fri May 04, 2007 12:51 am

Sheesh people if it's that important add it into your sigs or put it under "interests" in the profile. Writing stuff for phpBB is less fun than shaving a sumo wrestler's balls. And if you say "wow Sciros I never knew you shave sumo balls" then I will never help you on any post-ascension missions ever again because of how lame you are.
Sciros
Arch Guild Leader

Postby Bentwillow » Fri May 04, 2007 1:07 am

I say we can put it where that achiever thing is because that is pretty much a meaningless use right now. Hell's trust me everyone knows you are a "13 year old nub" without you putting it under your name :P
Bentwillow
ZoS Officer

Postby FoxBat » Fri May 04, 2007 1:12 am

I guess I thought replacing a field almost no-one uses like interests wouldn't be hard, just use the same field/data but change the display to Guild:. I'd hope such would involve changing just 1 or 2 strings or search/replace at the worst, but then I don't know the horror that is PhPBB. :P
FoxBat
RB Officer

Postby Mesti Arcanus » Fri May 04, 2007 5:52 am

Bentwillow wrote:I say we can put it where that achiever thing is because that is pretty much a meaningless use right now. Hell's trust me everyone knows you are a "13 year old nub" without you putting it under your name :P

Damn, beat me to the punch. That's pretty much verbatim what I was going to post. :lol:

Although Hells, if you want to have the same effect, you could always throw a link to this thread under your sig pic... that'd dispell any doubts that you were in fact a 13-year old nub (and recently, also our good humour guild punching-bag). :P

As for putting the guild under interests, I think the point is to save people having to hunt around for what guild everyone is in if they should forget. Granted, it's not much of a hunt to do it that way, but it's still more hunting then having it right under our names. :wink: Of course, if it's a hassle to code in, then by all means we should go with that as a makeshift solution.
Mesti Arcanus
ZoS Officer

Postby Uca Firewind » Fri May 04, 2007 6:53 am

Mesti Arcanus wrote:As for putting the guild under interests, I think the point is to save people having to hunt around for what guild everyone is in if they should forget. Granted, it's not much of a hunt to do it that way, but it's still more hunting then having it right under our names. :wink: Of course, if it's a hassle to code in, then by all means we should go with that as a makeshift solution.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! :cry:
Uca Firewind - Uca Pandora - Uca Braveheart - Uca No Eyes - Uca Al Thor - Uca Sedai - Uca Bashere - Uca Amyrlin - Uca Aiel - Uca Farshaw
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Postby Damadmoo » Fri May 04, 2007 8:20 am

Melissa Keyis wrote:No beacuse all the alliance members are in the same user group and it does not work that way. So are we all cool with me taking out the post thing?

You should do the way you think it is easiest and most clear to implement. However if you are not going to combine it with a usergroup or anything else then you will have to administratie it manually. If you would put all members of a guild in a usergroup with the name of that guild and then give those usergroups the right to read the alliance forums then you can use the name of the usergroup to display wherever needed. This way all you have to do is put the member in the usergroup of the right guild (instead of putting it in the alliance usergroup).
Member of We Blame It On [Cody]
Damadmoo
Cody Member

Postby Sciros » Fri May 04, 2007 1:29 pm

In all honesty doing most anything with phpBB is trivial as far as code logic goes, and replacing "interests" with "guild" shouldn't be too bad, but I reckon it's still something of a pain and it just seems unnecessary to go through and change "interests" to "guild" since if you go to this forum and under my Interests it says "Archons Ascendant" you can probably assume it doesn't refer to some weird RL cult.
Sciros
Arch Guild Leader

Postby Bentwillow » Sat May 05, 2007 3:13 pm

I went ahead and changed it on mine to show everyone what it looks like

<------------------------I like it :)
Bentwillow
ZoS Officer

Postby Aravis » Sat May 05, 2007 3:30 pm

I like what you did too Bentwillow - I just can't find where I can do the same on mine. Maybe I need to be an "over 100 achiever" to change it? I put "KKoP Guild Leader" under "interests" but that didn't seem to do anything to it - unless it is an admin ability as well. But I don't see me being an "over 100 achiever" anytime soon unless I start doing posts where I can add that little emoticon that says:

:include

But I wouldn't do such a thing..... :twisted:
Aravis
KKoP Guild Leader

Postby Uca Firewind » Sat May 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Absolutely, Willow. That looks wonderful.

Can someone with mojo change mine to Arch officer, please? (or if it requires no mojo--It didn't used to, I don't think-- Then can ya show me how?) :)
Uca Firewind - Uca Pandora - Uca Braveheart - Uca No Eyes - Uca Al Thor - Uca Sedai - Uca Bashere - Uca Amyrlin - Uca Aiel - Uca Farshaw
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Postby Bentwillow » Sat May 05, 2007 4:11 pm

I hope Kevin doesn't shoot me for this lol :) See what you think Aravis and Uca :) Anyway, I actually deleted my sig I like this better and if everyone does it, we know who and where everyone belongs :)
Bentwillow
ZoS Officer

Postby Melissa Keyis » Sat May 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Bentwillow wrote:I hope Kevin doesn't shoot me for this lol :)

:huh you touched my forums you are so banned! :lol:

Yea bentwillow that was my idea later today I will go ahead and implement it. Right now I am just working on my senior projects.
Melissa Keyis

Postby Uca Firewind » Sat May 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Looks great, Thank you!
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Postby Bentwillow » Sat May 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Let me know Kevin and I'll help you with it :)
Bentwillow
ZoS Officer

Postby Melissa Keyis » Sat May 05, 2007 5:07 pm

I got everyone in ZoS covered but if you could go through the alliance user group and help me find out which user name belongs to which guild that would be great thanks.
Melissa Keyis

PreviousNext

Return to Forums