Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

x

Post any changes, ideas, or anything that concerns the Forums here.

x

Postby Atrix The Feared » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:07 am

x Delete
Last edited by Atrix The Feared on Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(I will Fill this soon)
Atrix The Feared

Postby Pae » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:49 am

People who have vision impairment can use programs that read what's on the screen to them. The problem, though, is that a lot of sites don't comply with accessibility erm... regulations, I suppose they could be called.
Pae
A Gecko

Postby Atrix The Feared » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 am

Ahh I under stand o.O I think :\
(I will Fill this soon)
Atrix The Feared

Postby Hells » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Verification tests are used as a way to make sure the user is not a bot. Or for insurance or fraud reasons (We use them for bots). As most bots cant figure out the way to trick this system (Thanks to Kevins leet coding). As for "Visually Impaired" people they will just have to do just as stated:
was told if I could not read it, to contact an administrator.

And the Admins will by-pass the code and grant them access or if it is a suspicious account then they will send them a Hearing test. After that they will be able to be an normal member.

As for insurance reasons this is for thinking like banks to stop them from getting sued by someone who cant see what they are reading. For example Jon Doe cant read print below 18 and he clicks a wrong box that says "Send 100 dollars to client" in his checking/billing account and then trys to sue them for lost money. So the bank says look you took this test when you joined our butts are covered.

~Hells
-Alex, aka Alex Fast Caster
Hells

Return to Forums